Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ladew Topiary Gardens, Rose Garden

The Rose Garden at Ladew is an elliptical brick-walled garden. with grass and brick paths, festooned with climbing vines and roses. 

We were just a bit too early to enjoy the roses in full bloom, but it was still lovely to look at the design and some of the perennials in bloom.


Stachys byzantina and Clematis x jackmannii provide some variation from the climbing and bush roses. 

I really, really want to replace that piece of wood for something a touch nicer.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.


The brick and grass edge to the pond reads very well, and all of the water features have a touch of decay to them that I find appealing.  I like that it doesn't seem to be level anymore and water spills off the left side more heavily.  Makes it feel lived-in.


I also loved this fine, fine textured wrought iron gate and would love to know where to find something similar.  It's lightness is such a change from the brick.

1 comment:

  1. These are truly lovely pictures. It makes me want to get in the car and go there. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete