Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Millennium Park Lurie Garden

I've posted about Millennium Park twice before, though both times I used photos my mother had taken when she was in Chicago with my father.  These, I am happy to say, are photos I took myself.  I was recently in Chicago for the first time and of course, this park was my first destination.  


I was particularly excited to walk through the park's Lurie Gardens.  The park itself is designed by Gustafson Guthrie Nichol Ltd., though the plant selection was a collaboration with Piet Oudolf who is quite the "it" planting designer these days (he also worked with Jim Corner and Diller Scofidio on the High Line Park).



It's a beautiful garden, with painterly drifts of native perennials and grasses.  And obviously, it's a wonderfully appropriate context, as it evokes the prairie landscapes that are typical to the midwest.


I'll be posting a few more shots of the park in the days to come, with some focus on design details and plant species. 

No comments:

Post a Comment