Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Balcony Landscape - This time with furniture!

Last April, I posted on my new landscape installation at my very own balcony.  I signed off saying I still needed to track down furniture.  Well, I'm delighted to share some pics of what I finally decided on.


I knew I wanted a table that I could work on with my laptop and also that could function as a dining table.  But with the narrow dimensions of the balcony, I didn't want to get something bloated and oversized.  I also wanted to have a pop of color, as I largely plan to landscape the balcony with herbs and houseplants during the summer, all of which are mostly green and the forsythia is green from mid-May forward.


I looked for sets everywhere.  I fell in love with the Comptoir de Famille catalog and got depressed about the prices on the Gracious Home site (they had a bistro set that ran for about a total of $500 - a bit pricey for me).  Then I found this set on the Sears website, of all places!  The grand total -- with shipping -- was just around $120.  The set is made in China, which accounts partly for the low price, and there were a few spots where the powder coated paint was thin, but overall, I'm delighted with the quality.  They're solidly built and heavy and quite comfy to use.

5 comments:

  1. Night time pictures are quite charming. Very nice. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easier to pick out office furniture nyc than outdoor furniture. Great to hear you found the perfect set for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so romantic. I think it would be perfect for a dinner for 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing and quite charming. I hope you do dinners here cause this is so romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the best things to do an exterior design. You can also add beauty to the house if you add awnings and carports. Aside from the fact that they protect you from extreme heat and protect your cars, they can also be a good aesthetic design for the entire exterior of the house.

    ReplyDelete