Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Yards Park, Furnishings

I thought I'd spend today's post sharing some photos of the furnishings at the Yards.  There was a fair amount of variety in benches and chairs in the park -- I'm not convinced there was a need for *so* much variety, but they are creative designs.


First up, this large wood disc with stone supports.  I would have liked to see some element of the wood or stone frame this seat a bit more --perhaps in an edge or back wall detail for the surrounding plantings -- but imagine that people are drawn to this unconventional seat.


These chaises were my favorites of all the furnishings.  Streamlined, facing south for sunning and broad enough that they can double as benches.

These wavy seat wall benches above are a nice twist on benches with armrests (when the armrests are obviously used to prevent sleeping).  They were also fairly comfy.  That said, there are long long runs of these benches with no interruptions.  I think people like to select a seat that is more "anchored." I would have probably would have wanted to break up the lines into shorter segments...?


There are also large runs of this smooth, curvy bench.  The wood is bent beautifully, though I can't figure out if there's a purpose to the slot in the concrete.

Finally, the individual bistro seats and tables are lovely.  It's almost like a more contemporary interpretation of the bistro seats that I bought for my balcony, so it's not a surprise I liked them.  The color does disappear into the paving a bit, but I'm not sure what color would be an improvement, perhaps just a darker stone color.

No comments:

Post a Comment