Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Long Bridge Park, Part II

Last May, I wrote a post about a construction field trip I took of Long Bridge Park in Arlington, Virginia.  Then in July, a reader submitted a photo of the construction's progress.  Well shame on that reader, for not sending some finished photos of phase I!  (Just kidding -- I know you've been busy!) 

 

Last Sunday, I finally went for a run through the park on what was a somewhat gray, dreary day. Above is a view from the southern entrance of the park.


Along the promenade, large concrete "benches" occur, though they aren't particularly inviting to me.  Concrete stays damp for so long, they aren't very usable in wet weather, plus they are a little...blocky or monolithic looking.  Though no doubt, the budget was friendly!


To the left of the promenade, a large stair leads to the sports fields.


While to the right of the promenade, people are actively enjoying views of the water and Reagan Airport.


Further down the promenade, a look to the left shows the rain garden.  I'm looking forward to seeing the plants in the summer.


While little kids happily look to the right at the passing train.


Another shot of the rain garden.


Finally, above, lighting at the sports fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment