Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Longwood Garden's Wildlife Tree

It's awful how little I've been blogging lately.  To be sure, a New Year's Resolution will be to keep on top of the blog!  Luckily for these last days leading up to Christmas, I have a few photos I snapped last January at Longwood Gardens.  Thankfully, I decided to hold on to them to post this year before Christmas, rather than last year after.


First up is this wonderful wildlife tree.  I think this is about the best craft activity school kids could do in the winter, and not just during the holidays.


The ornaments are made out of seed and dried fruit and cinnamon sticks.  They are tethered to the tree with biodegradable string.  Almost all of it is bird food.


They are also quite pretty.



1 comment:

  1. Next year doing this also, I already have deer, Momma fox and baby foxes, racoons, wild turkey, opossums, shunk, your normal backyard creatures, less cats however. Blame the fox.

    Very cute idea.

    ReplyDelete