Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Welcome to Planted Cloud!

Hello!  And welcome to Planted Cloud, the new home for me, Jennifer Horn, the blogger who wrote "New York, Plants and Other Stuff."

Summer 2010 has been eventful for me.  I quit my job, moved to DC and started my own landscape architecture office.  I am still teaching in New York and am working on a few jobs in that area, too.  I've also done a bit of work in Hawaii, Philadelphia and New Jersey.

When I announced that I would be shutting down NYPAOS, I had written that my new blog would be (sensibly enough) "DC, Plants and Other Stuff."  But I've since changed my mind.  Too often, my old blog posts were about places other than New York.  And my horticultural interests are not bounded by political or ecological boundaries.  So I've started Planted Cloud.

The idea is simple: I want this site to be a site where plant enthusiasts can learn about what is happening in the worlds of horticulture, botany and landscape design on a global scale.  I am looking for correspondents to contribute on a monthly basis.  If you love plants and live in a continent other than North America or Australia, please contact me.  My Australian contributor, Garry Thomas, will be introducing himself soon enough and I'm happy to have him join me in this endeavor.

This site will no doubt evolve in the upcoming months.  When I started NYPAOS, I had no clear conception of what the site would ultimately become and I am similarly unsure with Planted Cloud.  If you have suggestions or comments (or requests), please email me.

Until then, dear reader, I hope you are enjoying the plants around you, be they a majestic oak, or a dandelion!

No comments:

Post a Comment