Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Museum of the American Indian, this time with water

This past weekend I had a friend in town who is an architect so before we finished our amble through the mall area on Sunday, we walked past the Museum of the American Indian, so I could pick his brain about the building's design, since I'm still on the fence about how much I do or don't like it.  
 

We both kinda like it, but kinda don't; it seems like a case of "too much, or not enough."  Regardless of my misgivings, the space did become much more lively when the water feature is running.  The reflections of the boulders are quite lovely and evoke a permanency in the face of erosion
 

...Though I'm still not sold on the materials, the paving and retaining wall materials feel like such a huge departure from the facade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment