Monday, January 10, 2011

Millennium Park Cloud Gate

My desktop background is a rotating mix of photos from my iPhoto library.  When I was about to shut down my computer today this pic of Anish Kapoor's Cloud Gate was on display.  


And when I see it, it makes me kick myself that I have still (wait for it) never been to Chicago.  Quelle horreur!  My mother took this shot a few years ago and I think it's such a wonderful piece of landscape art.  The warped reflection plays with our sense of scale, vista and perspective in a completely fresh and innovative way, yet still follows a tradition that Andre Le Nôtre had so much fun with when he designed Vaux le Vicomte.


I'm definitely getting Chicago in 2011.

Though I'll probably wait for warmer weather.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect reflection and thoughts for my comment at 1:11AM on 1/11/11. Millenium Park is such a interactive area. You can spend hours just mulling about. Don't put off your visit too long.

    ReplyDelete